Certifications & awards
Quality, you can depend on.Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg stands for the highest level of quality. We have received awards not just for our events, which meet the highest standards, but also for our cuisine. Regular inspections by external experts testify to the compliance with high quality standards.
DEHOGA classified four-star superior Hotel
It is our aim to be better than the rest. That's why we are proud of our classification as a four-star superior hotel in the region. Hotel classifications are voluntary in Germany. The 270 mandatory, uniform assessment criteria are determined by the hotel department of the German Hotel and Restaurant Association (DEHOGA). The "superior" additive distinguishes the businesses with an exceptional amount of services within their category. The stars are valid for a maximum of three years and were last awarded in February 2014 with more than 570 points. The hotel was rated especially high in the following categories:
- building and space offer: room size, hotel garage and bus parking, etc.
- facilities and furnishings: up-to-date mattresses, 2 pillows per guest, door spyhole, individually adjustable air-conditioning, etc.
- service: Nespresso Machine® in the rooms, 2 restaurants, regional cuisine, guest laundry within 24 h, etc.
- leisure: 4 cardio machines on the 5th floor, sauna and steam bath, bicycle rentals, babysitter on request, etc.
- offers: online bookable, compelling website with realistic photo material etc.
- on-site conference area: more than 250 sqm of conference space, natural lighting in all the conference rooms, free WiFi in all the conference rooms, etc.
Code-compliant Conference hotel according to the FSA-/AKG-code
The certification as a code-compliant conference hotel is especially important for the pharmacy industry, which complies with the FSA- and AKG codes, a voluntary self-control. The purpose is to promote ethical behavior and fair competition between pharmacy companies, medical professionals and their business partners and service providers. To fulfill the demands of the FSA/AKG code, the Deutsche Fachverlag in cooperation with Bleile Management assess the conference area annually. So you can be sure:
- all of our rooms and services are code-compliant
- a luxurious lifestyle, extravagant furnishings and relaxing character are not in the forefront of the hotel facilities
- entertainment value is not the highest priority of public advertising
- the hotel can be reached easily due to its proximity to the highway and public transportation
TOP 250 Conference Hotel in Germany
The publishers of "Die besten Tagungshotels Deutschlands" (The Best Conference Hotels in Germany) in the Haufe Publishing House visit more than 500 conference hotels every year and choose the TOP 250 in the event industry as well as the "Best of 20" from 6 categories (seminars, conferences, closed meetings, conventions, meetings & events). As a result of our harmonious total concept, our hotel has been in the TOP 250 since 2010. The authors describe us in the book: "Modern elegance and very good service (…) the hotel stands out thanks to the high-quality of the furnishings and equipment (…) Organizers will be thrilled". And the annual TOP placements confirm this impression:
- 2013: 7th place in the "Conference" category
- 2014: 7th place in the "Meeting" category
- 2014: 14th place in the "Event" category
- 2015: 3rd place in the "Event" category
VDR Certification as a Certified Business Hotel®
The Verband Deutsches Reisemanagement e. V. (Association for German Travel Management) is a cooperation of travel and mobility managers from German commercial enterprises as well as service providers from the mobility industry. This association developed the certificate "Certified Business Hotel"® in the year 2000, that especially reflects the needs of business travelers and serves as an optimal decision-making tool. The inspection catalogue for a Certified Business Hotel® comprises 60 criteria. The voluntary certification is valid for a maximum of three years. The last on-site evaluation took place in May 2014 and was successful.
The following areas were tested and rated above average:
- access to mobile communications in the entire hotel
- the desk light has a minimum of 500 lux
- the hotel has common chargers available on loan at the reception desk
- the hotel ensures dinner service until at least 11 p.m.
- the hotel has individually adjustable air-condition in the rooms
- free WiFi highspeed internet is available in the entire hotel
VDR Certification as a Certified Conference Hotel®
The Verband Deutsches Reisemanagement e.V. (Association of German Travel Managers) developed the certificate Certified Conference Hotel® to provide event organizers with reliability and orientation when choosing from 3,200 conference hotels in Germany. A Certified Conference Hotel® has to fulfill 73 criteria in 7 different categories to meet the prerequisites for a successful event. The voluntary certification is valid for a maximum of three years. The last on-site inspection, in which our hotel was rated as "exemplary", was in May 2014.
Testing criteria included (among other things) :
- the conference rooms comply with the sound insulation regulation of at least 45dB
- the conference rooms all have natural lighting and the artificial lighting is dimmable and can be controlled in segments
- the hotel has a standardized procedure for offers and information material specifically pertaining to conferences
- the hotel has professional conference support before, during and after the event
- full-HD LCD projector, flip chart, presenter's toolkit, pin board and free WiFi highspeed internet are part of the basic equipment
- there are ample sockets, also for heavy current if applicable, in the conference area
- and much more
VDR Certification as a Certified Green Hotel®
Sustainable action and management will continue to become more important in the future. That's why the VDR (Association of German Travel Managers) has developed a further certificate with a concentration on ecological and socially responsible behavior. The certification as a Certified Green Hotel® guarantees those businesses with an above average demand for ecology and sustainability standards that they can choose a service provider who will meet their demands for sustainable manage completely. The inspection catalogue for a Certified Green Hotel® comprises 70 single criteria from 7 categories (energy, water, waste, F&B, arrival & transportation, CSR, information & management). A minimum score of 385 from 765 points is necessary to pass.
This voluntary certification is valid for a maximum of three years. The last on-site inspection, in which we passed with 578 points, took place in May 2014.
Some examples from the seven categories emphasize how our sustainable management and actions in the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg are in accordance with the resources.